Featured post

Short Story: Shadow

Written by Tayyaba Aziz & Saqib Hussain   After 30 minutes of struggling to focus on work, Moosa finally gave up. He stumbled in hi...

Monday 16 June 2014

Short Story: MY BEST EVER STORY-LINE!

It was a wonderful cool breezy evening after a long hot sunny day. I was in the kitchen happily singing and making cupcakes with tea for my family. Suddenly a splendid brand new creative idea for a story popped in my head. All I needed now was to get out of the kitchen and write it down. Then I thought there’s no harm in staying a while and improve the story-line inside my head.

On the contrary more new ideas kept coming and started to mess with my best ever story-line. After a little while more changes were made and improvements done, yet my ideas won’t stop coming they started to fall all over the place. My ideas fell on the kitchen floor, on the kitchen counter and even inside the baking oven! It was an emergency I can’t lose this awesome story-line! I quickly shoved the muffin tray inside the preheated oven and almost ran to towards my room.

On the way my fashion freak sister bumped into me holding 5 dresses in her hand. Before she opened her mouth and ask me what to wear, and hear her up-to-date fashion trend opinions, I snapped “YELLOW!”
I smiled at her appreciation and managed to escape. The safe zone was finally achieved with my ideas still falling on my room floor. I quickly grabbed a pen and started to search for a blank paper to write down my storyline. Every page on the desk had something scribbled on it, articles, stories, doodles. Among the whole huge mountain not a single blank page though it hit me more as a shock than frustration.

I jumped into the pile like a dolphin and after 15 minutes of hard swimming I found a blank sheet of paper at last. The fortunate, precious, neat blank paper is ready to accept my brand new ideas, and provide a safe place to my story-line. I picked my pen and settled down slowly placing the blank sheet on the desk with care. I took a deep breath held my pen in my hand ready to write my BEST EVER STORY!
I close my eyes to fully concentrate, to listen to my mind and all I hear is the sounds of cricket chirping in deep woods. The End

No comments:

Post a Comment