Featured post

Short Story: Shadow

Written by Tayyaba Aziz & Saqib Hussain   After 30 minutes of struggling to focus on work, Moosa finally gave up. He stumbled in hi...

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Last Hope


Our life is just an unsolved mystery
Future unsure and the rest is history
All precious moments were spent in haste
I tried my best but it’s gone to waste
Sometime I find it hard to see
In future what and where I’ll be
Another hope died another shattered dream
And down my face hot tears stream
As I sit there with my hands tied
Hiding my face I bitterly cried
I tore away pages and everything in sight
No matter what I do, this burden won’t light
I want to runaway I want to scream
Scatter in pieces everything I dream
But then she came and found me crying
The person who had seen me trying
She came to me holding a guide book
In those sad eyes I didn’t dare look
Before I moved she held my hands
I never show it but she understands
She always knows how I feel
And she is always there to heel
She told me that I will succeed
She knows her faith is all I need
Her smile told me what she meant
Handed me the book away she went
So I started on it with all the strength I had
Expecting failure, but succeeded instead
Then I ran to the room where she slept
With a note saying “Thanks Mother” I left
No matter how hard my life may be

My mother, my last hope stays with me


Note: I wrote this poem eight years ago, in 2005... 

No comments:

Post a Comment